Sunday, February 21, 2010

Midnight Carvings (no, not craving...carving)

I guess I should say good morning to you all because it is technically morning being that it's 12:28 am. I have been playing and playing with lino carving blocks. I am so in love with this that I went and bought out the store (bought out as in bought the last 2 that they had, ha) and ordered more from MisterArt. This is so fun and you can do almost any kind of image with these since they're sooo easy to carve into. I have a few images printed out that I'm going to start carving but for now I just went with freehand. If you're interested in starting something like this I suggest Speedball brand of supplies. They're a trusted brand and they provide such great help with all their materials. Make sure you get the pink carving tool too! All the different carving heads fit inside of the tool so you never have to worry about losing the pieces. If anyone has questions about carving and/or the supplies, let me know. But for now, here's a photo of a couple carvings I did tonight. Nothing professional but I was just playing around. I hope to learn more techniques and make some really detailed and intricate carvings.

Sorry about the quality of the photo. I took it with my phone in some horrible light. But anyway, this gives you an idea of what you can do. Imagine all the possibilities!!

Well, I'm off to bed now. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. OH, and don't forget to read about St. Jude's! We've already had two $10 donations!! Every little bit counts.

Toodleoo

0 comments: