Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fresh Reading


Sooooo, I picked up the latest issues of Somerset Studio and Somerset Memories. Sigh, I don't think I will ever find such perfect, and beautiful reading anywhere else. I only discovered the magazine last year but it has forever changed my life. The amount of knowledge and confidence you gain by reading this magazine is immense and I cannot think of a better thing to do on a lazy day than get in my bed with a pile of these mags, and melt into the pages. I don't even get tired of reading the same issues over and over. I am trying to muster up the courage to send in some of my own submissions. I think I'd scream and jump for joy if I received the issue showing me my published artwork. But then I think, how will I ever be able to part with my things. It's not unheard of for your pieces to be held for a few months, even up to a year! Especially if they want to use your submission for another issue, or even another publication. I also think I need to brave the craft room and hole myself up for at least a day without escaping. How much would I accomplish? I doubt that it's even feasible. Lol. I have 2 kids.....and it's almost summer break! So that means they'll either play and keep each other occupied and give me some "me" time, or they'll both be at each other's throats and need me more than ever! Either way, I'm blessed. At least I know I'm doing something instead of nothing.

OH, I'm not sure if you read my old-ish post about the essay contest I entered...but anyway, the results are in and.......

dun dun dun.......


I didn't win. Lol. Oh well. Knowing this was an international contest as well sorta kept me in the mindset that I probably wouldn't win, but that I might as well give it a go. It would have been cool if I did win, but all is good and I'm no sore loser. The winning submission was by Danielle Shelley and you can read her winning essay here if you'd like.


So I know I started this post talking about Somerset and all it's perfection, but now I have nothing left to say and I'm sorta losing my typing mojo. So a big au revoir to all of you. I will be trying to make time to create some more stuff and put it up in Etsy...but we all know me.....procrastinator of the century!

Hope you all have a good night and I'll be back....soon......I think....

0 comments: