Sunday, February 8, 2009

Perfectly Good Excuse

Okay well maybe not 'perfect' but good enough. A while back ago, I was so very nicely siting on my laptop, playing and having fun when I get up to get a drink and BOOM! my laptop goes flying on the floor and the screen goes weird! OH NOOOO!! Hasn't been the same since. It's gonna get fixed but this is becoming a hassle. I have a big desktop computer but I hate having the stay in one place. Not like I really traveled around with the laptop but it was convenient when I actually wanted to. The other big problem I have is that all my favorite programs are on the laptop and not the desktop. It not that big of a deal but if I wanted to use some of them, I would have to install it onto the desktop which takes more time than I want to give. So there's my excuse for not being on lately. Sigh.

In other news, I have a bunch of litle artsies (that's what I've named my little pieces of art) that need to be photographed and posted. I just love it all. I've found a new love....SOLDERING! Sally Jean style baby! Lol. No really though, it's so much fun! Being able to capture loveliness between two pieces of glass is awesome. It definitely takes some geting used to that's for sure. You should get some essential pointers before plunging into it. One big rule: DON'T LET YOUR TIP BECOME OXIDIZED! Bad bad thing. I did because I was being self taught and I guess that's the way it goes but for those of you who are thinking about it, just keep it in mind. Always tin your tip. Thank goodness I could clean it easily otherwise I'd have to go out a buy a new tip (which btw, it was difficult when you live in a town that never has anything you need!) If there's some interest, I will most likely post up a tut with some essential guidelines on soldering. Instructions, supplies needed, etc.

Now, I'm going to sign off and tell you au revoir but before I do, I will tell you that I am about to post an essay that I just finished writing. It is in reference to a contest (winner receives $500) on the AZ Arts Commission website regarding "The Importance of ART in our Challenging Political, Social and Economic World"

Hope you all take a peek and let me know what you think. I doubt I will win but it was good for me to write it. I haven't let my thought out in a while and this was definitely something good for me.

Enjoy.

0 comments: