Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Bliss

Well, this weekend was great. We actually didn't do much of anything but it was still fun. Friday night was a blah night only because Noah fell asleep on the livingroom floor but it's okay, he was tired. Saturday was good. We woke up and got ready for the day and decided we'd go take a ride to Havasu. We started our trip by eating lunch at Chili's. Let me tell you, they have the most delicious broccoli cheese soup ever! I also ordered spinach artichoke dip but it wasn't that great. Applebee's is the place to go for dip, that's for sure. Anyway, I was mainly looking forward to eating my molten lava cake but with 3 pecking spoons, I didn't get as much as I anticipated. Lol. That's okay though. I had more than enough food. After that we went to Lighthouse Trail and walked a bit. It would have been much more enjoyable if I had known we were going there because I would have worn appropriate shoes and not have worn paper thin sandals. I tell you, I could feel every rock. It was still awesome though. You could see the lake so well and all the little duckies made the kids giggle. Once that was finished, we decided to take the kids to the park. The parks there and in Kingman are so much nicer than the ones here at home. Anyway, we did the park scene for a while until evil big kids came and shoved their way through. That's about the time I say "okay, let's find something else to do...." so we got in the car and headed down to the "village" area where they were having the boat light parade. There were sooooo many people!!! I did find us a good place to sit though. So we watch the pretty boats go by. I think there were 36 total. Something like that. Anyway, it lasted about an hour and it was worth it all. The kids had fun and so did we. That was that. The kids ate dinner and then fell asleep. Pretty fun filled day if you ask me. I didn't make anything over the weekend since I consider it "family time" and I would rather do it on weekdays when everyone's gone. It gives me something to keep me occupied. I hope to make many more holiday themed items to fill my house with. It seems difficult to make something and give it away to family. For example, I gave away and ornament that I made to someone in my family and their words were "oh.....thanks. It's cute" Now, if you're a collage artist or someone that uses vintage beat up stuff in your art, you will know exactly what I'm talking about. That look. The one that silently says "what the hell is this?!" and it's difficult to explain it. I guess those of us who understand and appreciate the art of yesteryear (I like to call it that. It sounds so vintage...heee hee) can appreciate the beauty in it. Those that don't get it, well, all I can say is....don't expect a card from me! HMPH! Lol, no I'm kidding. But seriously, it's frustrating having to explain what things are. I feel like yelling "NO I don't know this person on the card but it's pretty so shut up and be happy!!" but of course I don't do that. It would be rude. Lol. I know you know what I'm talking about. It's frustrating. Well, I think it's time to end this rant. It took 2 days in draft to actually publish it. Lol. I'm such a procrastinator. Hee hee.

0 comments: