Friday, November 14, 2008

Artistic Cheer

I've been feeling a bit strange lately and thought that I needed some artistic therapy to cheer me up so I made this Christmas tag along with this pendant. The pendant square is from 7gypsies and all I did was glue my paper to the backside of the square, as well as gluing the butterfly onto the paper. I put some glue on the inner rim of the square and then sprinkled micro beads all around. After that I filled it with Glossy Accents and let it dry overnight. The weird thing is, is that the Glossy Accents crackled. And no, I did not accidentally use Crackle Accents. Either way, it came out nice I think. As much as I'd like to have Tim Holtz's Christmas stamps, my LSS doesn't carry them and I'm not about to pay shipping so I deal with what I have. The dangling beads were originally clear but I wanted them to have Christmasy colors so I covered them with alcohol inks. And that's it. Gonna get ready to run to the store so I'll check in later. Bye!

2 comments:

KAT said...

Natalie - Great tag - love the colors in your background. I really like how the pendant cracked - adds interest I think!!!

Gretchen said...

Natalie those are awesome! I love the microbeads around the edge of the pendant. Adds a lot of visual interest w.o it being overbearing. :-)