Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hereditary Eating Habits?

Sweet Breana. 3 years old. Full of amazement and wonder. However, this kid does not like to eat! I blame myself because I've grown up a picky eater, and I've never had much of an appetite. I'm curious as to whether that's hereditary or not. She always seems to have good intentions to eat, it's just when the food is in front of her face, she take a few bites and says she's done. Apparently the doctor says she's perfectly normal. She's 3. How big could her tummy be anyway?? She's the right height, weight, and all those other little things you worry about when seeing the doctor. She's a wonderfully healthy little girl. But gosh darnit I want her to EAT! Kids don't seem to mind how much food costs these days. They think it's free! So as far as they're concerned, they can take 1 bite of food and push it away, only to ask for something different. "NO!" says I. "You asked for eggs, now you eat them!" You may think I'm harsh, but if you saw what she wanted instead of the eggs, you'd say the same thing. "Mommy, I don't want my eggs, can I have a popsicle?"
"Breana, it's 7:30 in the morning, no you cannot have a popsicle. You can finish your eggs." That's when she starts the noises and the flippity flopping of the head and shoulders. At that point she either knows to knock it off and eat her eggs, or go to time out for throwing a mini-fit. she usually says she will eat her eggs and then Papa comes along and scoops them up. Ugh. The insanity of it all. Let's see what she has in store for lunch.

0 comments: