Friday, October 17, 2008

Get The Good Things In Town

So here I am again. I spent most of my day in Lake Havasu buying Jimmy's Halloween costume. Guess what he's gonna be? Yeah, not my idea, but he's gonna be Freddy Krueger. Why? I dunno. Maybe he inherited it from me. Lol. If you know me well, you'd know that Freddy Krueger was my favorite horror character when I was young. Really young. Like 3 years old. Weird, I know. Anyway, I had to go to Lake Havasu because our store ran out of that particular costume and they had some there. I didn't mind either since I got to go into the scrapbook store that I have been itching to get in to. I've yet to go so this was a "yay" moment for me. The store is called "Stamps 'N Stuff" and I believe it was formerly "Deb's Rubber Room" which I was told closed. I just think they moved and changed their name but I'm not sure. Anyhow, they are full of great stuff and loads of stamps. I am a stamp fanatic so this was nice. I plan on taking more trips down there now that I know what they have. Now, if you like scrapbooking or crafting of any sort, and you don't want to buy all the crap that goes into making the stuff, you can go to Stamps 'N Stuff and create what they call a "make and take" for only $1. $1? That's crazy! So if you need to make a Halloween card, or Thank You card, or even a layout, you can go there, pick your supplies, snatch your paper, grab some glue, do whatever else it is that you need to do, make it, and you're done. For only one dollar! After tax it's about $1.08. That's insane if you ask me. Very much worth taking advantage of. It would make a great outing for you and a friend or family member. Take your mom, or sister. I will definitely take advantage of it. Another cool thing is when you shop there they give you a little card and for every $5 that you spend, you get a punch in the card. Once the card is filled up, you get $20 in free merchandise. Unless you're a big spender, it'll take you a bit to get a fully punched card but when it does fill up, you'll be one happy shopper.

I have another great chunka info for you. This being the best of all. If you already didn't know, and you don't mind driving a bit.....Michael's Arts and Crafts is coming to Lake Havasu City, opening date being February 2009!!!!!!!!!!! So even if your craft is one other than paper i.e., sewing, or candle making, you will be able to enjoy and take much advantage of this store. I know I have to drive out of town to get to a Michael's or a Joann's and I hate it. Although it gives me something to look forward to when we take a trip to California, I would rather have one at my fingertips. Especially since I plan on going, then something seems o interrupt my plans and then I don't even get to go. That's always a bummer. So, there you have it. A little bit of info for those of you interested and near town. Yay for crafts!! Lol.

For your convenience, I've provided the address and telephone numbers of the stores listed above.

Stamps 'N Stuff
2139 McCulloch Blvd. #A
Lake Havasu City, Az 86403
(928) 505-5266
(877) Stamp-2-U (toll free)
www.debsrubberroom.com
stampsnstuff@frontiernet.net
Owners, Debbie & Tim O'Neil

Michael's Arts and Crafts
inside "The Shops"
5695 Highway 95 N
Lake Havasu City, Az 86403

0 comments: